Cables generally available on the market have always had a similar basic principle: A conductor made of copper, enclosed in a jacket made of PVC. But what is often not taken into account: Due to some additives, a problem-free recycling of PVC is not possible!
With our ECOCORD line, we rely on a completely new jacket material that dispenses completely with PVC! Sustainable and, most notably, at least of the same high quality as anything that has been used before.
Our alternative to PVC is called TPE-V. The so-called TPEs (thermoplastic elastomers) combine a rubber-like and a thermoplastic component. The rubber-like properties provide, for example, elasticity, softness and flexibility, the thermoplastic materials stand for recyclability, hardness and high service temperatures. TPEs are not chemical but purely physical cross-links, which can be reversed in a recycling process by high heating. The waste materials, which are thus separated from one another again, can then be reprocessed individually. This represents a major advantage over PVC in the recycling process, because PVC waste is, on the one hand, not (or only in a very difficult process) degradable and, on the other, harmful chemicals are released into the environment in the respective disposal processes.
In addition to that...
- ...The material is recyclable.
- ...Energy consumption during production is significantly lower than for conventional PVC materials.
- ...TPE-V is 25% lighter than PVC.
- ...All of the production takes place in Europe to keep supply chains short.
- ...For every cable sold, a tree will be planted by the non-profit organization Trees for the Future.
- ...The textile jacket of the Eco Hemp series is GOTS certified.
- ...Even the packaging is made of recycled gray cardboard (FSC® mix).
But, of course, when it comes to sound, our ECOCORD cables also provide everything that musicians and sound engineers expect from a high-quality Cordial product. Similar to the EDITION-25 and BLACKLIGHT-EDITION series, a double shielding of copper wire braiding and conductive plastic (minimizes microphony effects) and a conductor cross-section of 0.50 mm² (conductor resistance < 39 Ω/km) ensure a particularly clear signal transmission.